What do I need to know about taxes?

Have more questions? Submit a request

If you are making money from renting out your RV then you could be responsible for paying taxes.

You will have the option to add a custom Trip Fee, or you can raise your daily rate. 

Vancation will keep track of the annual rental income and is required to report this income to the IRS if it exceeds $600.

  New for 2022

Revenue exceeding $600 in a calendar year for any owner will require that you pay income tax to the IRS. We strongly encourage you to investigate state and local laws, while also consulting with a tax professional.  

Some states may require Vancation to collect taxes on their behalf. This sales tax is an incremental charge and the price of your booking will not be impacted. When this is necessary, Vancation will calculate and collect the taxes that will be filed for you. 

Be aware that many states require you to apply for a tax license or permit in order to collect sales/rental tax.  

 Note for Owners

Vancation does not provide tax, legal or accounting advice. We strongly recommend you seek any tax, legal or accounting information from a professional.

Articles in this section

Was this article helpful?
2 out of 2 found this helpful



Please sign in to leave a comment.